Harriet was raised in the south of France and speaks French fluently. It was because of this interest in languages that she got into tutoring herself supporting students studying for their GCSEs, A Levels and French Baccalaureate. Having been tutored herself when she was younger, Harriet is in a great position herself to know what to look for in prospective tutors and the dos and don’ts for success.
Jeannette is an Oxford graduate having studied French and German. She has taught in Africa, Asia and the West Indies, as well as tutoring privately in schools for a number of years. All of these experiences have helped inform how she matches tutors up with students; it is important to find a pairing that brings out the best in both parties, with a tutor who’s technique works for the student.
A graphic designer and animator by trade, Lucy runs a small independent games studio called The Dangerous Kitchen; working on their one-buttoned first game, De Mambo. Her professional career to date, excluding a plethora of freelance ventures, has been spent at digital advertising companies such as Vungle and Super Awesome. In her spare time, Lucy is an artist of a variety of mediums; pen and ink, nails and textiles, and is teaching herself Japanese and Korean. For fun.
Unlike lots of other agencies, we never use software to manage our tutors because we believe that every client’s need is unique.
We provide a bespoke, efficient and friendly service that delivers exactly what our clients request. This means carefully selecting tutors for our books.
Only one in five of those we interview become tutors.
- All our tutors are Oxford, Cambridge or UCL Graduates (some undergraduates when requested)
- You can request whatever kind of tutor you like (a scholar, an undergrad, a double 1st graduate)
- All tutors are interviewed face to face.
- We also require recommendations and references.
- We often run tuition courses to make sure out tutors are on task with tutoring techniques.
- We are on hand at all times for any queries from our tutors and our clients.
- Relevant teaching materials are accessible
- CRB checks are made.
- We pride ourselves on our close relationship with our tutors and are constantly in touch them